Friday, October 3, 2014

Acceptance

I've really neglected this blog!

Life has been extra crazy lately, even by my family's standards.  I've learned and continue to learn to take one step at a time, to appreciate even the smallest of good things in my day, to be thankful for what I have, and to accept myself, imperfections and all.

My diet hasn't been perfect.  I've tried some different foods, some of which worked for me, and some that didn't because they caused cravings.  Right now, I'm keeping it very basic:  oats and fruit or a smoothie for breakfast, a huge salad for lunch, and brown rice or potatoes piled high with veggies for dinner.

I've been spending a lot of time in the pool, even when the weather has been cold and the (unheated) water feels freezing!  It's a great stress reliever because I have to keep moving fast to keep warm, and I can feel myself relaxing a little bit.

I had a doctor's appointment the other day, and I was scared to go in there because I'd been running from one thing to the next all morning, putting out fires, and getting bad news about my child's health.  I was honestly shaking and my heart was pounding when I got there, and I was sure that my blood pressure was going to be through the roof.  When they took it, it was 100/60!!!  I couldn't believe it!  Pretty darned good for someone who was diagnosed with hypertension last year!

So, I'll keep doing what I'm doing, knowing that this is the best I can do under really trying circumstances.  Ideally, I'd love to be going to bed early, getting up early and meditating and journaling, doing some yoga, walking, preparing salads with more varied veggies, and taking time to relax and have fun.  That's not my reality right now, but that's okay.  It doesn't mean that it will never happen!

Today, I accept my life the way it is, I accept myself the way I am, and I move forward, at whatever pace I can.

It feels so much better to live this way than it did when I was full of self-condemnation!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 comments:

  1. Keep on keepin' on, Denise! I know how it feels to deal with stress and a million different other things going on. The best thing you can do is to put healthful healing foods into your body, and it sounds like you are doing just that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Denise, it sounds like you are really doing well considering your circumstances. Your diet sounds so healthy and I can feel the self love and see that you are putting yourself on the priority list with swimming, healthy foods, and just being kind to yourself. You are very strong and loving and I admire you a lot Denise.

    ReplyDelete