Friday, February 17, 2023

Coconut Curry Chicken ****





I didn't have many of the ingredients, and I want to try again when I have them.  Still, the chicken was incredibly tender.  I removed the chicken after it cooked, increased the heat, and reduced the sauce.


Coconut Curry Chicken



Prep Time20 minutes
Cook Time1 hour
Total Time1 hour 20 minutes

  • 5 raw Boneless/Skinless Chicken Thighs
  • 1 can Coconut Milk 
  • 1 cup chicken broth [I used 1 cup vegetable broth made from mix]
  • 2 1/2 tbsp coconut oil [I used avocado oil because I didn't have coconut oil]
  • 1 Tbsp curry powder [I was out and substituted: 1 tsp garam masala, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp Kashmiri chili powder, 1/2 tsp turmeric, 1/2 tsp fenugreek leaves]
  • 3 cloves garlic
  • 1 tsp grated ginger
  • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
  • 1/4 onion

Instructions

  • Finely chop onion and garlic and grate ginger root. Chop chicken into 1 inch cubes.
  • Add coconut oil to medium-high heat skillet or pot. (You will be simmering this for 30-60 minutes so you want a pot that can hold a good amount of liquid.)
  • Add chicken and cook partially.
  • Add onion, ginger, garlic, curry powder, and cinnamon to the pan with the chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes, careful not to burn the spices.
  • Add coconut milk and broth and stir. Reduce for 40-60 minutes until desired consistency is achieved. The sauce should be thick as shown in the pictures. If your sauce is not thick enough, let it cook longer to reduce.

No comments:

Post a Comment