Thursday, February 6, 2014

Just Because

When I was growing up, I had a love affair with sugar.  My mom did, too.  We both ate healthy food most of the time, but when we got into the sugar, there was no stopping us.

One ritual we had was going to the donut shop and buying a dozen donuts.  When we got home, we cut all of the donuts into quarters and put them out on a platter.  I have no idea why we did this; it's just one of those things we did for as long as I can remember.

One day, my sister's boyfriend was visiting, and he walked in while we were indulging in the donuts.  He stopped, stared, and asked, "Why are all of your donuts cut up into quarters?"

Granted, I have a quirky sense of humor, but I started laughing at the innocent question and the absurdity of what we were doing, and I just couldn't stop!


Today, I got that same sort of innocent question directed at my crazy behavior:  "Why do you take pictures of your food before you eat it?"

I laughed as hard as I did in response to the quartered donut question!

The answer is because.  Just because.  

A friend shared this with me, and I laughed so hard.  It's perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment