Sunday, June 16, 2013

Food Addiction: Gains vs. Losses

What I've Gained from Food Addiction:

Instant Gratification
Delicious Tastes
Yummy Taste of Chocolate
Calming from Chocolate
Pick me up from Coffee
Comfort from Comfort Foods
Sugar Rush
Calmness from Alcohol
The inability to stop eating certain foods
Poor health
PAIN
Obesity
Sadness
Poor self-esteem
Depression
Anxiety
Panic Attacks
Loneliness
Arthritis
Pinched Nerves
Meralgia Paresthetica
Rosacea
Worsened Lymphedema
Sleep Apnea
Psoriasis
Breathlessness
Alienation
Anger (mostly suppressed)
Heart Palpitations
Eczema
Memory Loss
Numbness in Hands and Arms
Insomnia
Disapproval
Embarrassment
Shame
Dread
Worry
Hopelessness
Indifference
Disrespect
Humiliation

Resentment
Powerlessness
Discouragement
Loneliness 
Rejection
Fear
Insecurity


How I Feel as a Result of Food Addiction:

Ridiculed
Dehumanized
Inferior
Invalidated
Insulted
 
Criticized
Beaten Down
Labeled
Mocked
Offended
Put Down
Stereotyped
Teased
Underestimated
Worthless

Controlled by Food
Unheard
Imprisoned
Inhibited

Unloved/Unlovable
Suffocated
Trapped

Insignificant
Left out
Misunderstood
Uncared about
Unwanted

Cheated
Judged
Robbed

Unimportant
Intimidated
Scared
Violated

Deceived



What I've Lost from Food Addiction:

The Ability to Walk
The Ability to Stop Eating Certain Foods
Clear Thinking
Participation in things that I love: walking, gardening, hiking, camping
Active play with my kids
Dates with my husband
Dates with my kids
A good sexual relationship with my husband
Socializing
The ability to go out
Vacations/Trips
Relationships/friends
Sleeping in bed with my husband (I sleep in a hospital bed)
The ability, both physical and emotional, to participate in life

No comments:

Post a Comment