Saturday, February 21, 2015

30 Days of Gratitude - Day 4




I had a little meltdown today.  Just a little one.  Too much to do all at once, and it really got to me...

That was precisely the situation in which I would have reached for something sweet, because, you know, I deserved it!  It helped me to calm down after some intense drama.

Today, I'm happy to say, was different.  I released some tears, I took a deep breath or two, and then I sat down and thought about how it would look to calm down without the sweet stuff!

I decided, intentionally, to have a cup of Dandy Blend.  I had it in my mom's mug, which made me feel close to her, which was comforting.  I sat down, felt the warmth of the mug in my hands, and savored the hot drink.

After that, I was able to get on with my day.


Nick made Potato Waffles for me today!  I've wanted to try them for a while now.  What a fun food.

I also cooked up a huge pot of Butternut Squash and Quinoa Chili (from Healthy Girl's Kitchen) in the Instant Pot.  Delicious and warming!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From Chef AJ re the weekend:

"Don't let the lack of structure or routine or increased socializing derail you. You can do this. You can stay on your program an NO MATTER WHAT."


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gratitude:

1.  Having Nick cook for me
2.  Nick working on organizing his office
3.  Respite
4.  Therapy
5.  Warm food on a bitterly cold day


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment