Monday, February 23, 2015

30 Days of Gratitude - Day 7





Extremely stressful day today (as opposed to a typical stressful day!), and I just didn't know what to do with it.  I wanted to eat.  I wanted a glass of wine.  What do I do with these crazy reactions, almost to the point of being panic?

For the first time ever, I acknowledged the feelings.  Life took a big turn today, which means that I have no idea what's going to happen next, which means that I'm out of control.  I don't like being out of control.

So, I sat with it.  I didn't like it.  So uncomfortable!  But, I stayed with it anyway.  And I realized that I was going to get through it...even without food or alcohol.

Oh, and did I mention that I was surrounded by hot steamy trigger foods during this particular trial?  Seriously, I felt as if someone set up the whole scene just to make me crazy!  :)

So, I got through it, and that feels great...both physically and emotionally!


Simple, filling, healthy whole foods today.  I think I'm starting to have a little thing with Trader Joe's Cruciferous Crunch!  Who knew I could fall for cabbage, broccoli, and brussels sprouts?


Gratitude:

1.  Got through the stress without eating over it
2.  A rare visit with a good friend
3.  New knowledge about essential oils
4.  Realizing that I'm not running the show
5.  Nick went shopping and stocked up on my food

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment