Sunday, December 22, 2013

Sunday, 12/22/13

I'm was feeling kind of run down again today, with a slight sore throat and heavy chest.  I'm not getting enough sleep and there's been a few extra doses of stress around here.  I love the Christmas season in so many ways, and I certainly love the reason for the season.  Still, it's overstimulating for the kids; they're on sugar overload with Santa throwing candy at them from the firetruck, and Christmas parties at school.  I've opted out of many Christmassy things to do, but it's still too much for them, which affects all of us.  I'll be glad when it's over with and I can calm down and get back into a routine.

That said, I ate a delicious midnight snack tonight!  I know, I know...it's the worst time to eat, and I wouldn't be hungry if I went to bed at a decent hour.  But, I ate it, and I enjoyed every single bite.  :)  Nick made it for me, and I didn't take a picture, but it was pretty with the red lettuce, cabbage, and tomatoes, and the green lettuce and pickles.  Hey, Christmas colors!  That's it!  It was my Christmas treat.  It was better than eating red and green Christmas cookies, right?  :P

Oh, and my 7yo son, "E" made my salad for me.  He spun the lettuce, washed the cherry tomatoes, and arranged them around the outside of the salad, with one lone tomato in the center.  It was a sweet gesture.  Afterwards, I tried to remember if he'd washed his hands first because I know where those hands have been!  I felt kind of sick just thinking about it, and tried to push it out of my mind!  lol


Breakfast:  Mixed fruit, ginger tea

Lunch: Chili, Cheeze Sauce; brown rice (not pretty by any means, but extremely tasty!)

Chili, Cheeze Sauce, Brown Rice

Dinner: Salad by E (spring mix, cherry tomatoes), Carrot Soup, Baked Sweet Potato Fries; Ranch Dressing

Salad by E

Carrot Soup

Sweet Potato Fries

Midnight Snack: Ezekiel Toast with Ranch Dressing, field greens, red cabbage, tomatoes, dill pickles










No comments:

Post a Comment