Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Tuesday, 1/7/14

I keep having these plans to make different recipes, but when it comes down to it, I'm just in the mood for simple food.  I made spinach for lunch with spinach from the organic CSA, and it tasted unbelievably good.  All I did was saute a chopped Vidalia onion with 4 cloves of pressed garlic, added some freshly grated ginger, and then added the spinach.  When it wilted, I added a little bit of Tamari, a tiny bit of garlic powder, and some black pepper.  I put it over some plain brown rice, and savored every last bite!

Nick made dinner for me.  He made spinach balls from spinach, cooked brown rice, tofu, chia seeds, and lots of seasonings.  He said that they weren't quite what he'd envisioned, but I loved them. 

Maybe I'll get back to those recipes soon.  For now, I'm just thrilled with my simple meals.


Breakfast:  Green Smoothie a la Nick

Lunch: Sauteed Spinach, Garlic, and Onions with Ginger and Tamari over Brown Rice; Fruit Salad










Dinner: Nick's Spinach Rice Balls, Baked Sweet Potato Wedges, vegan dip

No comments:

Post a Comment