Sunday, February 2, 2020

Whole Roasted Cauliflower - Plant Paradox Style


I'd never heard of a whole roasted cauliflower before, but I saw a picture online and I was so intrigued.  Of course, then I learned that there are lots of recipes out there, but it was all new to me!  The recipes I found were loaded with fats and dairy, so I came up with this recipe.


It's good but it's really spicy!




1 head cauliflower
1/4 cup nutritional yeast (nooch)
1 teaspoon (or less) chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper, opt.





Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Wash cauliflower and remove all leaves and bottom or thick center stem.

Mix all other ingredients together in a small bowl.  Add enough water to make a thick paste.

Place cauliflower on a baking sheet lined with a silicone sheet or parchment paper.  Rub or brush the spices all over it.

Bake for 30-35 minutes until fork tender.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment