Friday, February 14, 2020

Farmer Nona’s Millet Porridge



I wanted to include this Porridge on my website because I think Farmer Nona is the best. I know that we’d be inseparable if we were to ever meet. Farmer Nona, aka @plantparadoxfarmer_noners, and her hubby, own and operate their own Grass Finished Beef farm in Canada. I just think that’s pretty neat. She makes this Porridge in her farmhouse regularly and I have it in my slow-cooker now! Millet porridge can be served with a variety of condiments like cacao nibs, compliant shredded coconut, cinnamon, blanched almond slices, and Lakanto Golden Monk Fruit Sweetener. Use a compliant almond, hemp, or coconut milk and you have a delicious porridge in the morning! I can hear Farmer Nona’s cows mooing away as she enjoys her morning Millet Porridge and a cup of hot coffee. Thanks for the inspiration, Nona!

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/4 cups Millet Grain
  • 7 cups Coconut Milk
  • 1.5 teaspoons compliant Organic Vanilla
  • 1/4 tsp. iodized sea salt
Instant Pot Directions:
Your instant pot does have a slow cooker setting as well. You can press “slow cooker 8 hours.” However, I made mine the quick method “pressure cook” function. After you have all the ingredients inside, seal your lid completely.
Pressure cook on high 1 & 1/2 hours with slow release. Stir. Then add your French butter & sweetener of choice.
IMG_9017.jpeg


No comments:

Post a Comment