Sunday, August 18, 2013

Oil

I knew that I could easily stop eating meat, dairy, and sugar, because I've done it before.  I have never stopped eating oil, though.  I didn't think that I could do it.  Well, that's not entirely true; I didn't want to do it.  I thought that my meals would be boring, plain, and tasteless without oil.

I'm honestly not sure what clicked, but for whatever reason, I decided to give it a try.

What helped the most was that the PD recipes that I tried were delicious!  They were far from tasteless.  I liked every single recipe I tried, which amazed me.  Each time I made a scrumptious meal, I couldn't wait to try the next recipe.

I no longer even thought about oil!

One day, I was loading the dishes into the dishwasher, and the family had eaten something for dinner that was really greasy.  I couldn't even stand the feel of it on my hands (which is kind of weird because I love coconut oil as a moisturizer!), and the thought of eating something that greasy just made my stomach turn!  I imagined the feeling of the oil coating my mouth, and I felt sick at the thought of it!

I remember seeing Rip Esselstyn's movie, and he told one of his clients that he couldn't stand the taste of oil, and that she would get to that point, too.  I didn't believe him.  I knew that I'd feel that way about sugar and processed foods, but not about oil.

Well, I was wrong.  :)

I don't miss oil, I can't stand the thought of eating anything with oil on it or in it, my hair and skin look just fine and aren't at all dry, and I'm starting to feel better than I've felt in years.

I'm convinced.  No more oil for me!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment