Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Wednesday, 9/11/13

I kind of had a tough time today.  It marked the end of the weight loss competition.  I came in third in terms of percentage of weight lost, and I lost the most pounds of anyone.  A new 12-week competition is starting next Wednesday, and I'm still on the fence about joining.  I don't want to focus on the scale, but do I need the accountability in order to stay motivated?  I'm just not sure.

After the somewhat stressful weigh-in, I saw my therapist for the first time in two months.  She could see the change in me, especially emotionally.  She said that I seemed more content with myself.  I think she's right.

For my birthday dinner, I wanted french fries with sauce and cheeze, and a salad.  For dessert, I wanted a Frozen Cacao.  The salad never happened.  The french fries were good. The Frozen Cacao also didn't happen because I discovered we only had three frozen bananas left.  I would have made half a recipe but I'd already added the other ingredients to the Vitamix.  I subbed unfrozen bananas, resulting in a chocolate shake instead of a Frozen Cacao!

Birthdays always seem to be stressful here, and today was no exception.  There's this pressure to keep it nice for the birthday person, and that pressure usually causes at least one kiddo to behave poorly (I'm putting it very politely!).  That's what happened tonight.  I was kind of upset, but tried to let it go.  I'm really seeing how my pain intensifies when I'm stressed.  It's just not worth it.  So it wasn't a stellar birthday, but that's okay.  It was hot out and I had a nice long swim, which was amazing.  It's so good to be in the pool and actually feel good!  I don't want it to end!  Maybe I should move to Florida so that it doesn't have to end!  :)

The bottom line is that there were some good times and some bad times today, and I can deal with that.  I sure don't need to eat over it!



Breakfast:  Peaches & Bananas

Lunch:  Taco Salad: Red Leaf Lettuce, Romaine, Cherry Tomatoes, Carrots, Cucumber, Yellow Peppers, Scallions, Refried Black Beans, Cheeze Sauce, Salsa, Sour Cream, Baked Tortilla Chips

Banana

Dinner: Baked French Fries, Super Quick Marinara, Cheeze Sauce

Cacao Shake


Exercise: 2+ hours in the pool, walking/exercising



No comments:

Post a Comment