Sunday, December 15, 2013

The Holidays and Eating


In light of my thoughts and feelings about the so-called perfect Christmas, 

I've been rethinking my food.


I know that I'm not eating enough greens.  

I know that I still eat for emotional reasons.  

I know that I'm not practicing conscious eating and that 

I'm not paying enough attention to when to stop eating because I'm full.


My inclination is to beat myself up for that.  

I've decided not to.


Instead, I've given myself permission to continue on. 

The holidays are difficult and I'm just not going to push myself right now. 

 Is this a cop-out?  

Maybe...but I think that it's more that I'm coming to grips with my reality.


So, I will eat whatever I want this month, as long as it's a PD food.  

I will work at not overeating but won't beat myself up if I do.  

 I will be thankful to be able to eat pies and holiday favorites 
that are good for me and that taste amazing.  


I will be thankful to be eating without deprivation and to be learning how to eat sanely.





No comments:

Post a Comment