Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Wednesday, 10/23/13

My food plan didn't turn out at all like I'd planned today.  I was okay with it, though.  That's the beauty of this plan and eating this way.  I love my food, and even if things change, I can accept it and move on.

Part of the reason that my plans changed was because I spent the afternoon decluttering the dining room and living room.  I feel so much better now that it's done!  Actually, I should clarify: I feel better emotionally.  Physically, I'm in pain!  I sometimes get frustrated because I feel good one day, so I do something physical, and then I pay the price afterwards.  So far, my healing has been one step forward, two steps back.  I was talking to Nick about that today, and he said that I just have to realize and accept that that's the pattern right now.  He said that's he's so proud of me for changing my diet completely, and although it may take a long time, he believes that it's going to cure me.  That sure made me feel better!


So...first there was breakfast.  I'd planned to experiment with some sort of oat pancakes, but I forgot that I had an early doctor's appointment.  I had some leftover Chia Oats, and the quickest fruit I could think of was grapes.  I'd never had grapes on oatmeal before, but it wasn't bad!

Morning: Chia Oats with red grapes

Chia Oats with Red Grapes


For lunch, I had some of Nick's yummy stir-fry.  When I went to make my salad, I discovered that the romaine was half frozen because it was on the top shelf of the fridge, which is too cold for it.  So, my salad is kind of pathetic looking, but it was still good!

Lunch: Nick's Stir-fry (bok choy, broccoli, peas, napa cabbage, green cabbage, baby spinach, carrots, bell peppers, scallions, tamari, veggie broth, and brown rice); Salad (romaine, carrots, cherry tomatoes) with Ranch Dressing

Nick's Stir-Fry


Sad Salad with Ranch Dressing :)

Applesauce



I spent the afternoon decluttering, which felt so good!  Of course, I overdid and wasn't able to make the dinner I'd planned.  I had leftover Enchilada Soup, but I was really hungry and wanted something more substantial than soup.  I was going to make some rice to put the soup over, but was too wiped out to even do that, so Nick made some Pad Thai noodles for me.  I know, Enchilada Soup and Pad Thai noodles?  Crazy, but it was so good.  I threw a cup or two of the soup into the Vitamix and blended until it was smooth, so I had a thicker sauce to put over the noodles.  Then I chopped up some fresh tomatoes and put them on top.  It was warm and filling, and I was happy!

I actually only had half of my frozen cacao because my daughter discovered it and loves it, so she and I shared it.

Dinner:  Enchilada Soup over Annie Chun's Pad Thai Brown Rice Noodles with fresh tomatoes; Frozen Cacao

 
 Enchilada Soup over Annie Chun's Pad Thai Noodles with Chopped Tomato



No comments:

Post a Comment